To Ignite a Passion for Lifelong Learning:We will ignite within our students a passion for life-long learning, partnering with all of our stakeholders: students, staff, parents, and community in order to fully reach the academic and career potential of each student.
We will actively engage our students in Twenty-first Century Learning skills by using a variety of learning modalities and extensively utilizing technology; while emphasizing diversity and global awareness.
We will nurture our students’ bodies physically, through concrete help with food and clothing when needed, and by encouraging healthy lifestyle choices. We will nurture them emotionally through character education, guidance, and support of family where needed.
We will hold ALL stakeholders to high standards.
We will encourage responsible citizenship by developing awareness of and demonstrating good earthly stewardship practices.We will provide a safe, orderly, bully-free environment in order to maximize learning for all students.
Hear us ROAR!
- Partnering with stakeholders
- Actively engaged
- Nurturing minds and bodies
- Technology of the 21st century
- High expectations
- Earthly stewards
- Responsible citizens
- Safe environment
McDowell County Schools and West Marion are excited to announce that we are now able to provide you access to your child’s current information via the internet. The Power School Parent Portal will allow parents/guardians to see up to the minute student attendance and grades. If you have not already done so, you may pick up your information from Karen Wilkerson in the front office. You must present a valid picture ID and be the parent/guardian of the student. To access the information, please follow these steps:
1. Open the Internet browser on your computer (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.)
2. Type https://mcdowell.powerschool.com into the address bar and press enter.
Note: The Access ID and Password are NOT your username and password. They will not work to give you access to login.
3. Click “Create and Account” towards the bottom of the screen.
4. Type your name and email address (if you have one). You will create a username and password.
5. Complete the “Link Students to your Account” section. This is where you will use your students
Access ID and Access Password. You can enter multiple students here using their separate Access
6. Remember to log off when you finish.
In North Carolina on a two-lane roadway (e.g. in front of WMJH and MHS), all traffic from both directions MUST stop for stopped school buses. However, in North Carolina on a roadway of four lanes or more WITH a median or turning lane (221 N), ONLY traffic following the bus should stop.
Click Here for a simple visual aid explaining the law. Make sure you're in compliance.